Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.
J. Paul Getty
There is no perfect recipe to becoming the ultimate blogger. It takes a lot of hard work, effort, motivation and stamina to stay in the game and succeed in it.
Becoming a better blogger is more than just posting and retweeting – it is about making things happen, getting your hands dirty and creating something special on your own. Be inspired by what you don’t have, strive and create your own opportunities because no one will spoon-feed you information, opportunities or anything else for that matter.
The following tips were created for any content creator – it is a matter of continuing to learn, grow and see things from a different more clearer perspective.
- Be passionate about your niche. Write for yourself not for who you think would listen
- Be willing to learn because there is always something is being taught
- Do your research – always be prepared and don’t get caught not knowing your stuff
- Be confident in your writing
- Know your audience and your market
- Always be creative and never plagiarize
- Set goals for yourself, your blog/brand
- Blogging takes time to master – be patient
- Don’t be a snob
- Be committed
- Be nice
- Don’t cry over spilled milk
- Don’t take anything for granted – be appreciative
- Motivation and productivity are the keys to success.
- Don’t procrastinate – be productive in your work.
- Treat people how you would like to be treated
- Respect other peoples’ opinions even if you don’t agree with them
- Appreciate constructive criticism
- Ignore envious and jealous people
- Pay if forward; be willing to help others
- Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. You never know you might actually be good at it
- Don’t be ordinary – be extraordinary
- Stay focused
Anyone can be successful in blogging but very few can be outstanding – strive and aim for the stars.
Don’t confuse fame with success. Madonna is one; Helen Keller is the other.