As a follow up to last week´s post titled “1o Mistakes Every Blogger Should Avoid,” here I bring you five more mistakes to stay clear of:
- Selecting a domain name that is hard to spell or is too long. It’s about making it super simple and not becoming easily forgettable.
- Writing posts that are over 500 words long. Although there is nothing wrong with writing long posts, you must make your content accessible. If you are writing pure text, it becomes overwhelming and readers will get bored. It is important to break up your content making it easy on the eyes.
- Allowing blogging to become a chore. Blogging isn’t your life. Many of us have been so wrapped up in writing posts that we lose focus of what’s important and get burned out. This is when we begin to resent the fact that we have to update our blogs. When this happens take a step back, look at the bigger picture and adjust as necessary.
- Being the obsessive self-promoter. Don’t become that person that people avoid. Engage, communicate and share other information other than your own – it is what social media is all about.
- Obsessing over stats. The more you concentrate on the numbers and not on the content – the harder it will be for you to focus and get the most of our your site.
Now you tell me, what are some other mistakes we should be avoiding?
Next week, I’ll be discussing the different Ways to use Google Analytics