A mistake is simply another way of doing things. - Katharine Graham
Have you suffered or are suffering from a blogging setback?
Setbacks happen and unfortunately can’t always be avoided. However, you can’t let them overpower and distract you from your overall goal. For me, I use my setbacks as learning experiences that often guide me to rethink and tackle my goal from a different angle.
Adopting a new approach will help you concentrate your efforts to where it really matters, so if you feel like giving up read these tips to help you restore your enthusiasm:
- First things first, take some time to relax and disconnect. Set your plans aside and take the time to recover. Jumping back into something too fast will probably be do more harm than good.
- Celebrate your achievements. Although you have had a setback and haven’t reached a particular goal, you have achieved some kind of success throughout your endeavor and should be noted as such. Reflect on the good that has come to you.
- Think about the skills you have developed that you didn’t have before that can help you overcome your setback. Whether it’s an Ambassadorship or a new relationship with a brand, use these relationships to leverage your success and build from that.
- Have a strong solid support system. Tap into your friends and network that get what you’re doing to help you stay motivated and focused. Reach out to those who provide you with guidance and practical advice to help you work towards your goals.
- Have a Plan b. If your idea isn’t working, think about why it isn’t working and look for another answer. Keep in mind, there is no one size fits all for all solutions. Not obtaining the same results or success as another blogger simply means that you may have to change your mindset/attitude about the issue so that a solution that works for you can present itself.
Setbacks can often be disappointing, but they are a key reminder to take a look at the bigger picture and renew your dedication to achieving your goals and staying true to who you are.
Setbacks will happen but they should never, ever cause you to give up on your goals.
Don’t let setbacks derail your plans. Stay motivated, remain focused and most importantly stay the course.
Share: How have you pulled yourself up after a setback?