The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn,
the more places you’ll go.
- Dr. Seuss
The more we learn about producing content, the better our blogs and websites will look. Well written blogs attract readers. Readers who spend time sifting through our work, who get to know us and become our friends.
Here are nine tips that will help keep our writing fresh, lively and sharp.
- Know who you are writing for. Establishing your niche and knowing who your audience is the key to successful blogging
- Have a clear goal. Know what you are trying to accomplish and keep it simple. Make sure it fits with your audience and is easy for your readers to follow
- Know your grammar. Punctuation, spelling and grammar matter. Poor grammar and punctuation leads to fewer readers
- Edit your work. Once you write your post, make sure you re-read it and re-work it as needed
- Less is more. Long posts are easily forgotten. So keep it short, sweet and simple
- Know the basics of good text layout. Make your post easy to read! Creating a sense of flow throughout your posts is one of the key components of a good blog
- Create catchy headlines. Let your readers know what they are to expect from your posts
- Read a lot! Reading keep us on our toes, broadens our minds, stir memories and inspire ideas
- Keep writing. The more you write, the more you will improve. Write with purpose
Bottom line, the possibilities are endless and the more we know as online marketers the more we can offer our readers.
Check me out next time as I’ll be sharing my list of things every site should have.