The best way to interact on social networks is by simply having a good time connecting and reaching out to people.
Twitter, one of the leading social networks was created for the purpose of having people share their knowledge/expertise, get their work noticed and ‘meet’ people which under different circumstances would have never connected.
If utilized correctly, Twitter is an excellent tool to get both your brand and your work noticed. It can help attract new readers, form friendships, create strong bonds and loyalty.
Below are five easy ways to use Twitter to help gain attention and solidify a reputation in the space.
- Show off what you know. It is not about being arrogant, it is about making people aware of your knowledge of certain topics.
- Link to articles related to your niche. Direct people to articles you are reading on the web. Have an open conversation about, engage.
- Decide how much of yourself to put out there. It is easier for some to be extremely candid about their personal life while others cringe at the notion of sharing their personal lives. Know where to draw the line without risking being too monotonous or risqué.
- Don’t sweat the numbers. You joined Twitter to connect, not to keep track of how many people are following you. Influence is based on trust not numbers.
- Don’t be selfish. It is not all about you. Build a community, share the love and give your attention to others. Respond, re-tweet, reciprocate, this is how connections are made.
Be enthusiastic for what you represent and you will get noticed.
Share: How do you make connections on Twitter?