As we begin to set goals and line up projects for the upcoming year, we must first have a sit down with ourselves and commit to dedicating the time and effort to effectively grow our blogs.
Without a good plan in place, we will forever be stuck in neutral. Have a plan, execute it, follow through and reflect on what you are doing and where you want to go and most importantly stick to it.
Here are just a few ways to effectively grow your blog.
- Dedicate a few hours every day or every week updating your blog
- Think up future blog posts and projects.
- Create a list of projects you would like to tackle
- Create a list of bloggers you would like to work with
- Begin commenting on new blogs you come across as well as the ones you frequent but never comment on
- Reply to every comment you receive
- Try to answer all emails and plan your blogging tasks for the next day the night before
- Think of ways to reduce your bounce rate and increase page views
- Write an e-book or self publish a book
- Write a certain amount of posts a week or at least 200 words a day
- Have at least a weeks worth of posts on standby for those days when you want to disconnect
- Schedule your time on social networking sites. It’s very easy to get distracted and caught up in who says what
- Review your goals every week and modify accordingly
- Get the blog design look or layout just how you want
- Interview that person you’ve been wanting to feature on your blog
- Start a podcast
Creating and setting goals for yourself and/or business is the easy part, actually executing and holding yourself accountable for their progress and failure requires dedications and lots of hard work.