You’re blogging away day after day, month after month, interacting with your readers, attracting a new audience and then BAM. You get the blues.
It happens to every blogger.
Our passion begins to feel like a chore, you begin to avoid the computer altogether and question why you are even blogging.
What’s a food blogger to do?
Have FUN!! Use this time to experiment with your blog, try something new, mix it up and reconnect with why you began blogging in the first place.
Here’s a few ideas I have personally used in past to shake off those blogging blues.
- Restaurant Review ~ Ahh the wonderful restaurant review. Get out of the kitchen and try that new place you have been dying to go to. Bonus, no clean up. What could be better? Snap a few pictures with your phone and share your experience.
- Guest posts ~ Ask a few food blogging buds to help you through your rut. Share your space and feature a guest post from a food friend you admire.
- Interview a fellow food blogger or local chef~ Why not interview a fellow food blogger or a local chef? What inspires them? Where does their love of food stem from? Favorite family meals?
- Review a cookbook~ Maybe you recently purchased a new cookbook. Why not offer an insightful review or feature a few recipes from the cookbook.
- Take a break~ Relax. Take a week off, take two or as long as it takes for you to feel refreshed, energized and ready to blog again. Balance is important. Take time to enjoy your family, meals and friends. Your readers will understand and your blog will reap the benefits of your reenergized spirit.
Have fun, find your path and Keep blogging!!
Share: What helps you through the blogging blues?
image: Sweet Life