How is the holiday shopping coming along? If you’ve still got some friends y familia to buy for and need some ideas, I recommend you check out the “Three Amigas” gift guide created by Dariela of Mami Talks, Helena of Pink Guayoyo, and Denisse of Ahorros Para Mamá. You may even find something for your own wishlist!
• MomsRising.org is hosting a powerful blog carnival on the contributions of immigrant families and communities in the United States. You can support the campaign by reading the stories, leaving positive comments and sharing on social media.
• Maura of The Other Side of The Tortilla has been named a McCormick Spices Advocate for the 2013 McCormick Flavor Forecast report. She recently interviewed McCormick executive chef Kevan Vetter to talk about the five trends of global flavor for the coming year and flavor pairings. You can see part one of her interview and the global trends on her post “2013 McCormick Flavor Forecast gives Mexican food a global twist.”
• Daniela of Fab, Chic & Fit appeared in Venezuelan magazine, Tendencia.
• Mercedes of BeChicMag styled models for a fashion segment on modern holiday dresses on Telemundo.
• TimetoPlayMag.com announced its first ever Top Bilingual Toys list, revealing the seven toys chosen by the Time to Play editorial team as those which offer the most valuable play experience in two languages. Working with Divina of DancingHotDogs, the Time to Play editorial team reviewed bilingual toys and games new to the market in 2012, identifying those with an identical play pattern in both English and Spanish.
• Various Latina bloggers have united to create the “Latina Bloggers for Latino Children’s Literature” campaign. Read their posts and find out how you can get involved HERE. Hashtag #LatinoKidsLit
• Jessie of Hecho Para Mamá is part of a nationwide campaign with Verizon FiOS. As a part of the Verizon FiOS Twitter Advocate Program, she will help drive the conversation by responding to questions regarding her experience as a Verizon FiOS customer.
• Estilo Familiar was chosen by The Old Schoolhouse Magazine to be part of the TOS Review Crew. Mayra will be reviewing well-known educational resources and curricula for the Hispanic community. Estilo Familiar is the first blog that publishes reviews in Spanish for TOS Review Crew. The Hispanic homeschooling and educational community will be well-represented in the Crew.
Okay Latinas, ¿qué pasa con ustedes? What have you been up to? Do you have exciting noticias about yourself or one of our amigas? We want to know about it! E-mail us with the latest happenings in our Latina community and links to stories that feature our fellow blogueras. We may share it here on Latina Bloggers Weekly Round-up next week!