Sharing content and information is what fuels the social web, without content our efforts to share and influence is pointless.
Being successful is focused directly to the content that is shared and whom we share that content with. Having a strategy in place to effectively get your voice heard is one of the many steps needed to get noticed and become authority in your niche.
Below are 5 content sharing strategies that will help share relevant information to those you are trying to reach and influence.
- Know what your audience is interested in. It is important to have a clear understanding of the content you are sharing and the message it sends to your audience. If you aren’t sure, use Twitter to search hashtags or keywords or create a survey on your site and ask your audience what they would like to see.
- Develop a way to gather relevant information and story ideas. Set up a system that allows you to filter and gather content to share in one place. I personally use Google Reader and Flipboard (for my iPad). I add the RSS feeds of new sites and blogs that I love and follow to read in one place in real time.
- Look at how you share out your content. Are you effectively reaching your audience? Are you effectively using Twitter, Facebook, Google+, forums, etc to share your content? Distribute information in ways that will make it easier for your audience to find.
- Find different ways to cross-post. Research and review how you share your content. If you are a vlogger, try using Tubemogul to upload and share your video to multiple sites. To post your content to various platforms, try hootsuite, tweetdeck or Ping.fm among others to increase traffic and your visibility on the social web.
- Measure and optimize your distribution. Use URL shorteners like bit.ly or ow.ly to share files and track visits. Utilizing these measurement methods helps your reach; engagement and better understand your overall success on the social web.
Optimizing your content sharing strategy helps build credibility and branding efforts for your blog/business.
Share: What content sharing strategies work for you?