In my previous posts, I discussed what the Facebook Timeline was all about and different ways your brand will benefit from this transformation.
Now with all the changes Facebook Pages is taking on, it is time to discuss some regulations being placed upon brand pages. Here are five important details Facebook will not allow above the fold of the new timeline for brands.
- Price or purchase info. Discounts “Take 30% off”, “Save or “Download e-book at our site” can not be displayed on your cover photo.
- Contact information. Mailing address, email address, web address or any other type of information that should only appear on your Page’s About section.
- Calls to action. Solicitations or promotions such as “Tell your friends”, “Join now!”, etc is not permitted.
- Infringing on the intellectual property of others.
- Facebook references. Anything pointing (including arrows) to Facebook features such as “Like” or “Share” are also big no-no’s on the timeline.
Share: What do you think of the regulations being placed on your Page?